Monday, December 17, 2007

Watch Channel 4 Tonight

Tonight, at 10 o’clock Channel Four are showing 2 films back to back, both starring George Clooney. The first is O Borther Where Art Thou? which everybody except me seemed to love. I didn’t catch the fim at the cinema but I bought it on DVD in good faith, safe in the knowledge that it was more Big Lebowski and Fargo than Intolerable Cruelty. Supposedly a comedy, I counted a grand total of zero laughs. I have tried to watch it at least 5 times but hav yet to make it all the way through.

Solaris, on the other hand, is some of George Clooney’s best work. A much underated film which the critics wrongly panned and the studio, pannicked by the reviews, decided to sell as ‘the film where you can see George Clooney’s bum.’ It is in fact a very clever, thought-provoking piece of sci-fi about ideas, which I know are not particualry fashionable nowaddays, but that shouldn’t be enough to stop you.

All I’m saying is give yourself the chance to make your own mind. I’m not going to tell you what to think… On this occasion I’m feeling too lazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home