Tuesday, December 04, 2007

In recent months I have developed a rather bad habit of starting a book, not finishing it, then starting another one.

Currently on my reading list:

The Book of Dave – Will Self

Neuromancer – William Gibson – not nearly as mind-blowing as I remember it being when I was 15. Left on pause 50 pages from the end.

Atonement – Ian McEwan – Not started this one yet, but I’ve bought it so it goes on the list

Rip it Up Start Again – Simon Reynolds – just started this one, and early indications are that I might actually finish it having become partially obsessed with the subject matter

Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed – Jared Diamond – Very heavy going. I think I’m on chapter 4

Robert DeNiro Biography – John Baxter

David Bowie biography: Loving the alien – Ziggy just met Iggy

Johnny Cash – Not nearly as gripping after 20 pages as the film with Joaquin Pheonix

The Drowned World – J G Ballard

Having made my problem public I hope this will act as a reminder and a spur to finish the books I start!

1 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Finish them.... Finish them!

p.s. I had to skip chunks of collapse. Once you've read a few chapters you tend to get the idea. The Easter Island one is probably the most interesting. Once that's read it's probably best to skip to the conclusion :)

6:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home